Orange Country Fair
1. Competition is open to all Orange residents and
non-residents. Children 15 and
under (as of September 1, 2016) will be considered juniors. There is a Youth
2. Exhibitors may enter all classes. Refer to each department for the number of
3. No entry fee will be charged.
4. Advance entry form is required for all exhibits mailed on or before September
10, 2016 or until space is full. Send all Adult and Youth entries to: Orange
Country Fair, 874 Grassy Hill Road, Orange, CT 06477
5. Exhibitors’ claim ticket and pass will be issued upon entering exhibits at the
exhibition hall. Passes are good for one day only.
6. All exhibits and small animals (rabbits, chicken, gerbils) will be brought to the
Orange Country Fair grounds Friday, September 16, 2016 from 5:30 to 8:00
p.m. No exhibits except livestock (goats, sheep, dairy and beef) will be accepted
after 8:00 p.m. Friday. Livestock (goats, sheep, dairy and beef) will be entered
Saturday, September 17, 2016 from 7:00 to 8:30 a.m.
7. Exhibits must be left in place until 6:00 p.m. Sunday, September 18, 2016. The
exhibition hall will close at 5:30 on Sunday evening. Exhibits may be picked
up between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m., Sunday. Be sure to present claim ticket. For
those not able to pick up exhibits on Sunday, the exhibition hall will be open on
Tuesday, September 20, 2016 from 7:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M for pick-ups.
8. The Fair Committee will try to assure the safety of exhibits after arrival at the fair
but will not be liable for any loss or damage to the exhibits.
9. Judging will be the Danish System for all classes. Under this system an exhibit
is judged on its individual merit and not in competition with other entries.
Rosettes and ribbons will be offered by the Fair Committee, to be awarded at
the discretion of the Judges. Premium money will be given in the livestock
department (goats, sheep, dairy and beef) only.
10. Fair Admission is $8.00 for adults. Senior citizens $5.00. Children under 15 free.
Persons with disabilities are free.
11. Health Certificates for dairy, beef, goats, sheep and poultry are required. Animals
without Health Certificates will not be accepted. All horses, cattle and sheep must
be vaccinated against Rabies and show certificate. Horses must have a current
Negative Coggins certificate. Complete rules will be available at the fair or
contact the livestock superintendent.
12. Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry that at the discretion of the
committee would be unsuitable for display.
13. Pigeon exhibitors are also subject to the rules and regulations as stated on the
Pigeon Entry Form.
14. NO PETS ALLOWED ON FAIR GROUNDS
See Animal Entry Form For More Information